So, the Pilotline started out with 10 members this morning and ended with 7 members. It was a row of dominoes that started going and just wouldn't stop. The morning started at 9:30 am with an officers' meeting to discuss the possibility of kicking a member off. After the meeting with the member occurred, everything was calm...or so it seemed. Then, another member, who was her friend, caused a scene and quit. The third member, who was also her friend, wanted to stay but felt obligated to quit as well. So, like magic, we were down to seven. I walked back in the dance studio with my mouth wide open, wanting to cry. We spent the entire rest of the practice changing formations instead of moving ahead with what we were working on. After that, I just wanted a drink.
I spent the afternoon doing things to cheer myself up. First, I went and got my nails done. If you ask my friends, they'd say it was looooong over due. Second, I went tanning. Then, I went shopping at 3 different stores. It was wonderful!! Lastly, I rented some movies and came home to watch them with my dog and a strawberry daiquiri. A horrible day ending in a pleasant way.

That sounds like the perfect peaceful night at home. Sorry you had to deal with the drama at practice!
ReplyDeleteYeah. Who needs drama?
ReplyDeleteK. Smith
Eng. 226